Scope of Work (SOW)
Consultancy: Technical Training Program Start-Up Activities
Unit: Child Labor and Education
Group: Human Rights, Education and Empowerment (HREE)
Reports to: Home Office Program Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Requirements: All candidates should submit a CV, cover letter, list of references, and 2-3 page writing sample.
Application Deadline:** Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until November 30, 2020
Please note: This consultancy is open to Ethiopian nationals only.
Winrock International (Winrock) is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock strengthens the capacity of women, children, youth, and civil society organizations to actively participate in local and national development and to transform their societies.
Winrock is currently designing a technical training program for youth in Ethiopia, to be launched in mid-2021. We are seeking a part-time local consultant to support program design and start-up over five months; the consultant will be considered for the role of Project Director for program implementation.
- Participate in program design sessions with Winrock staff based in the United States and partner representatives in Ethiopia, the U.S., and Europe.
- Represent Winrock in partnership meetings with Ethiopia-based partners and stakeholders.
- Support operational start-up activities including registration and workforce planning.
- Identify and participate in the selection and on-boarding of key local support partners including recruitment agencies and skills development and education organizations.
- Support development of written proposal, budget, work plan, and monitoring and evaluation plan.
- 10-15 years’ experience in education, training, and/or youth development programs, including a minimum of 8 years of demonstrated managerial and/or team leadership experience.
- Master’s Degree in international development, education, or related social science discipline.
- Written and spoken fluency in both Amharic and English.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Financial management and oversight experience.
- Proven ability to build consensus and coalitions among individuals, civil society groups, private sector, and government officials with competing interests.
- Experience in cross-sector programming, especially experience in information technology, preferred.
- Experience in entrepreneurship, the tech sector, cloud computing, and/or experience working with major tech firms including Microsoft, Google, or Amazon highly desirable
How to apply:
All candidates should submit a CV, cover letter, list of references, and 2-3 page writing sample via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4969466002&gh_jid=4969466002