Closing date: 03 Jan 2020
.Job location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 3rd of January 2020
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: full time (40 hours)
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. From there ZOA operates in seventeen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Head of Finance and Compliance
ZOA’s Programme in Ethiopia
Peace between Ethiopia and Eritrea was established in July 2018, after a state of war of 20 years. In Ethiopia, we work with refugees, IDPs and the Ethiopian population in need. Our focus is on youth at risk of irregular migration. The Ethiopian government has made bold commitments for integration of refugees in society, such as the new Refugee Proclamation (No. 1110/2019). ZOA has actively been participating in the debate with the Ethiopian government and the UNHCR on the Comprehensive Refugee Reference Framework in Ethiopia. Parts of ZOA’s approach have been made part of that policy, such as expanding out-of-camp policy and increasing work opportunities for refugees.
The Head of Finance and Compliance is responsible for all aspects of financial and compliance management of ZOA’s operations in Ethiopia. In addition to managing ZOA Ethiopia’s financial team to support the delivery of effective programmes, the purpose of this role is also to ensure compliance with ZOA’s internal policies and procedures as well as donor and statutory regulations.
The Head of Finance is also responsible for introducing ZOA’s new financial enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, including managing the migration of existing financial data, training all finance staff and managing and monitoring the successful implementation of the system.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Finance and Compliance Management
- Ensure effective, transparent use of financial resources in compliance with ZOA, donor and statutory policies and procedures;
- Maintain banking relations, plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of ZOA Ethiopia’s programs;
- Provide monthly management reports to ZOA Ethiopia’s Country Director and Director of Operations;
- Provide standard accounting submissions to ZOA’s Headquarters;
- Develop annual budgets with the Country Director and develop and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with the Director of Operations and Area Managers;
- Supervise financial management of sub-grants to consortium implementing partners;
- Set up and ensure systems for compliance to ZOA, donor and statutory rules and regulations;
- Perform regular risk analysis, identifies the risks and reports them on time;
- Ensure that payroll and salary systems function as required and work closely with HR-colleagues.
Introduction and Management of ZOA’s ERP Finance system
- Lead and manage the introduction and implementation of ZOA’s new ERP finance system in Ethiopia;
- Ensure milestones and deliverables for all assigned tasks are completed on time.
- Supervise and lead a diverse team of direct and indirect reports in regional offices.
- Evaluates the organizational capacity of new local partners according to ZOA’s approach.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance required. Professional certification (ACCA or CPA) highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of progressive financial management experience;
- At least 4 years’ experience in grants management
- At least 3 years’ international experience required;
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing a finance team in an international NGO
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation;
- Proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports;
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet;
- Effective verbal and written communication (including English skills). Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills;
- Significant experience in implementing an ERP Project.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results in line with ZOA core values;
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale;
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
- This is a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Jacolien van den Steenhoven, HR Advisor, email [email protected].
How to apply:
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/head-of-finance-and-compliance-ethiopia/. CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in in your CV. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results