Closing date: 31 Jan 2020
Panagora Group, a small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Private Sector Engagement/Organizational Development Specialist for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity entitled, Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE). The goal of the ETBE Activity is to reduce tuberculosis (TB) incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization and sustainability of TB services.
This is a long-term position will be located in Addis Ababa and is expected to start in April 2020. The position is contingent upon award.
- Support updating capacity assessments and capacity strengthening plans for private sector associations, using highly participatory processes and flexible approaches
- Facilitate multi-day training and capacity strengthening activities to the associations as well as for training the members of the associations (such as private hospitals or pharmaceutical entities, etc).
- Identify and support new initiatives to build value proposition to members
- Continue efforts to strengthen governance structures in TB private health sector associations
- Provide technical support to the associations to revise strategic and other organizational plans, policies and procedures, and template documents as needed
- Prepare capacity assessment reports, periodic activity reports, capacity building plans, presentations, and other deliverables as necessary
- Liaise between TB private sector mechanisms and leadership, MoH officials, and ETBE project staff
Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Advancement
- Support ongoing implementation of PSE initiatives identified in the Private Sector Landscape Analysis and as prioritized by the MoH
- Conduct assessments, market surveys, reviews, and other research tasks in support of Analysis-identified PSE activities
- Identify potential collaborators and partners and initiate relationships and liaise with key actors (ETBE staff, USAID, other donors and technical agencies, potential private sector partners, government, service delivery entities, and health-related associations) to advance private sector engagement initiatives
- Develop supporting documentation detailing the terms of engagement with various identified private sector partners, including activities, timelines, and terms of support
- If needed, draft memorandums of understanding (MOU) for ETBE Analysis-identified private sector interventions
- When requested, review and provide technical guidance on private sector procurement documents
- Advanced degree in public health, economics, or related relevant field
- Demonstrated organizational capacity and experience in the technical areas set forth in the program description, including, but not limited to, implementing and managing community- facility based service delivery
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated success in delivering technical assistance, in working in collaboration with host country governments and partner organizations, and demonstrated expertise in managing the administrative and financial aspects of a complex program
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience collaborating with host country institutions, private sector, other public sector organizations, and/or local partners.
- Experience with the Ethiopian private health sector and with PSE development
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Must be a legal resident of Ethiopia
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.panagoragroup.net/jobs. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.