Closing date: 31 Oct 2019
Senior Technical Officer for The African Partnership to End Violence against Children
The African Partnership to End Violence against Children (APEVAC) was created to catalyse actions aimed at delivering on SDG 16.2 and other violence related targets, Africa Agenda 2063 (AU 2013) and the African Agenda for Children’s Rights 2040. As an Africa-wide collective platform for addressing the interrelated and mutually reinforcing global and regional agendas, APEVAC aims to promote multi-faceted engagement, collective programming, experience sharing and cross-learning along the prevention-response continuum.
ACPF – the Interim Secretariat of the African Partnership End Violence against Children – is seeking to recruit a Senior Technical Officer for the Partnership. The Senior Technical Officer reports to the Child Development and Protection Programme Manager. She/he has the responsibility of making the partnership an effective continental platform. She/he will be the principal officer responsible for enhancing the Partnership’s visibility translating its work into effective advocacy messages for different audiences. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional familiar with the management of coalitions and networks, development and human rights issues in Africa and preferably a citizen of an African country.
How to apply:
The successful candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
· Advanced degree in Human Rights, Law or Policy, Social Work, International Development, Education, Economics, or other relevant degree
· Thorough knowledge of African and international human rights systems and of child rights advocacy at regional and global levels
· Knowledge of the latest developments within the international and regional child rights community, including the Sustainable Development Goals, Africa Agenda 2063 (AU 2013), the African Agenda for Children’s Rights 2040, INSIPRE, and others.
• Proven record and experience, preferably with international NGOs
• Project management and fund raising experience
• Fluency in English; knowledge of the French language is an advantage
• Ability to work in multicultural settings
· Minimum 8-10 years’ experience of leadership and management at a senior level
ACPF is an equal opportunities employer. African nationals and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants can send their resume on or before 31 October 2019 to [email protected] If you have not been contacted two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.