- Do you want to do work that really matters?
- Full time, Permanent Position
- Preferred location in Eritrea
Professor Fred Hollows is widely acknowledged as a great Australian. He was an innovator who believed in rolling up his sleeves and getting things done. The Fred Hollows Foundation is determined to continue Fred’s legacy to work for a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired.”
We are known around the world as a leading international development organization that works with purpose and determination. Our goals are ambitious, focused and achievable, making what we do even more exciting!
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact!
About the role
The Program Manager will provide leadership and oversight of The Foundation’s strategy and eye health programs in Eritrea in line with Fred Hollow’s Foundation vision, mission, and global strategy. The Program Manager (PM) will be accountable for partnership and program management with local partners in Eritrea and work alongside technical and operational teams in Ethiopia and at the Hub to ensure performance and compliance of the Eritrea program in line with strategies and policies of Eritrean authorities, donors and The Foundation.
Key responsibilities & outcomes
- Be the main focal point to liaise between the Eritrean partners and the Foundation and other external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to Ministry of Health Eritrea, Asmara College of Health Sciences to ensure high-quality outputs and engagement.
- Identify and recommend viable new projects and develop appropriate concept documents and related project design deliverables (Concept Briefs. Project Implementation Plans, feasibility and needs assessments, peer review and appraisal processes), in collaboration with the Cluster Leadership Team and Hub and Global Office teams.
- Develop project annual and monthly budgets and work plans and ensure that FHF and donor-supported program activities are implemented according to budget and set timelines
- Manage the implementation of monitoring and evaluation processes, including writing monitoring and evaluation reports comparing outputs and outcomes to performance indicators and ensuring lessons learned are reflected in project expansion and future project development.
- Oversee implementation of The Foundation’s Advocacy framework in Eritrea
- Have at least 7 years’ experience working for international development organizations, preferably in health-related field including demonstrated capacity at senior levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Ministry of Health and other stakeholders involved in health care.
- Excellent project management skills, including M&E with a minimum of 7 years working in project or program management.
Demonstrated experience and ability in the development of new project designs and proposals.
Strong advocacy skills and an ability to effectively work with partners and stakeholders at a high level
Have clear understanding of the political, economic, social, and environmental issues and trends, which impact on poor communities in Eritrea.
Contribute preparation of internal and external communications to promote the work of the Foundation.
With the support from the Ethiopia office, coordinate events, visits and external program and learning meetings to Eritrea
The nice to haves!
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory framework for charities and not-for-profits desirable
- Experience working in Trachoma and Cataract programmes in a developing country context
- Experience working in international development organisations
- Budget management experience.
- Solid knowledge of the context of Eritrea.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via our website: http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at [email protected] Applications sent to this address will not be considered.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Eritrea.
Applications close: 3rd December 2020
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.