FUND DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR ESAF
(Job Ref: SOS/5/19)
Position title: Fund Development Advisor ESAF
Working location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Supervisor: Regional Director of Fund Development, ESAF**
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
Within the Eastern and Southern Africa region, SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia/Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
Mission of the position:
The mission of the functional area is to develop regional and national fundraising capacity by providing strategic direction and guidance through targeted technical support, bespoke training and knowledge sharing. This includes supporting the National Associations in setting clear operating frameworks, identifying new funding opportunities and ensuring fund development is prioritized in terms of both resources and planning.
Purpose of the position:
To play an active role within the Fund Development team in the region and provide support to the National Associations in developing comprehensive multi-year fundraising strategies to grow and diversify sustainable income in priority markets. This includes driving the development of learning and capacity building initiatives tailored to the needs of country offices, alongside pro-actively identifying opportunities to engage new donors and partners within the region
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
1. Ensure global strategic objectives for fund development are translated into appropriate regional and national action plans by supporting the development and implementation of effective fundraising techniques and skills.
2. Support the development of a strong fund development network in the region through the coordination of activities and advice in the implementation of agreed annual plans. This includes organizing ‘on the job’ training, regional meetings and virtual calls to build capacity and share ‘best practice’ examples
3. Support the initiation of exchanges and cultivation of partnerships with new individual/corporate donors through representing the organization’s mission/regional objectives. This also includes supporting the National Associations in maintaining effective donor relations at a country/local level.
4. Provide close, ‘hands-on’ support to National Associations in developing fundraising strategies and sustainable funding streams, including providing detailed technical advice in the implementation of annual action plans and pre-agreed KPIs.
5. Explore new fundraising markets and opportunities for innovation through research and the development of ‘pilot’ campaigns in strategic funding areas, including online/digital, individual giving (F2F / mass market) and major donors/HNWIs.
6.Participate in cross-functional processes to enable the regional office to benefit from synergies and operational efficiencies, where and when possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (or related field)
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant fundraising experience, with 2 years’ working for an INGO (preferably within the region)
- English (fluent in oral and written communication)
- Desirable: French (good command of oral and written communication)
- Regional language (e.g. Kiswahili, Igbo, etc.) Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Office Packages
- Good consulting, analytical and critical thinking skills, organized and results driven.
- Working in a multi-location/matrix organization
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Assertiveness and endurance
- Good self-management skills
- Strong Knowledge and skills in Funding strategies
- Expert skills in Market development
- Strong Relationship building skills and competences
- Advanced Networking & presentation skills
- Strong Programmatic knowledge.
- Results-orientated Individual
Advanced Organization/planning skills
Culturally-aware skills and competences
How to apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 5th, June 2020.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: [email protected]