LOE: up to 16 days
Period: July-August 2020
Enterprise Partners (EP) is a 7-year (2013-2020) wealth creation programme which, inclusive of women and the environment, aims to support the private sector and Ethiopia’s economic growth. It does so with a combination of technical assistance (TA) and market facilitation in resolving market failures. EP is being implemented by a consortium led by DAI Europe, and includes First Consult, Enclude and ITAD.
EP is implementing TA component of World Bank’s (co-funded by EIB) SME Finance Project (SMEFP) aimed at enhancing access to finance opportunities for SMEs in Ethiopia. It supports capacity building of participating financial institutions in the project including Development Bank of Ethiopia, MFIs, banks and leasing companies.
The objective of the assignment is to strengthen partner MFIs capability and readiness to respond to crisis and ensure business continuity in general and particularly focusing on management of crisis caused by COVID-19.
The consultant is expected to bring his/her international experience, judgment and best industry knowledge in strengthening crisis management system & practices of financial institutions, as well as coaching senior management team to minimize institutional risks/loss and ensure business continuity (BC)during and after the crisis.
The consultant will carry out the following key activities:
- Conduct COVID-19 impacts assessment on MFIs’ business operations by virtually engaging them
- Actively engage MFIs management in business impacts analysis (BIA), developing scenario analysis and recovery strategy formulation to ensure buy in and knowledge transfer,
- Produce BIA report with smart recovery strategies
- Refine/develop crisis management policy, BC plan/strategy, and tools & templates that enable FIs to effectively manage risks and losses
- Hold validation workshop with MFI senior management and EP team
- Guide/coach/advise FIs senior management team in the areas of crisis management, business continuity plan and risk management
Time frame and & Deliverables
The consultant is expected to support at a minimum of 3 selected partner MFIs.
- Inception report-1.5 days
- Business impact analysis, scenario development and virtual validation workshop-7.5 days
- Refined and standardized business continuity plan, crisis management policy, tools & templates with adequate focus on crisis management, and validation workshop-4.5 days
The consultant will work offsite in consultation with the EP-SME team. The consultant will work closely with 3 selected partner MFIs management team and report to the SME TA manager.
Senior-Level Expert in crisis/risk management with experience in designing policy frameworks, tools, templates and institutionalizing risk management system for FIs.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant international experience in designing crisis management framework and formulating business continuity plan, risk management, and training delivery.
- Proven experience in provision of technical assistance to the financial institutions, preferably MFIs, in crisis management & risk management and developing policies, procedures, and tools.
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian financial sector is an asset or experience in other African countries.
- Competencies required include: Fluent in spoken and written English, Excellent writing and presentation skills, Excellent working guides and tools developing and mentoring skills
Last date for submission of applications is 3rd July 2020.
Complete ToR will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
How to apply:
To apply please follow the link below: